Sunday, June 28, 2015

Week 7 - Fitting the Pieces Together



To be honest I don’t believe that my learning has changed based on what we have discussed and read during this course.  However, I will say that I have gained a greater respect for how others learn and how I can’t expect to deliver content the same way to everyone and think that they will walk away with the same level of understanding.  In fact it has also increased my confidence in what I belief will work for me which is what I have identified as my learning style.  The learning theories that I lean towards is how I have been doing instruction and trying to connect with my students who happen to be adult learners.  If I am being total transparent my teaching style is more aligned with cognitive and contructivist learning theories.  But many of the strategies that I use to ensure that learner has embraced the concept are more align with and related to the behaviorist theory. 

Positive stimuli are in my opinion the best approach to effectively producing the desired outcomes with learners.  As an instructional designer I would continue to utilize this approach to appeal to multiple learning styles and levels of intellect and intelligence.  As an adult learner, the setting must create an opportunity for experiences to be shared and to be reflective on how the particular content if applied can be utilized in the real world if appropriate.  The planning must also involve not only sharing personal experiences but professional experiences as well that allow the learner to solve problems.  This course helped me to reflect on courses that I felt more engaged with the content and when I did not. I will also share that we have discussed the responsibility of the learner to be self-motivated. However, when I am not naturally motivated I have to use different techniques to process information. 
        
      I have also found value in the cloud-based applications which could largely because I appreciate and value a cognitive approach to learning. In addition, a network that creates an environment where learners can share experiences, provide content/resources, dialogue in real-time regarding challenges and opportunities to dialogue about best practices and interests.  I initially struggled with the technology which I would be remiss if I did not share that if you don’t get ahead of technology it will pass you by.

No comments:

Post a Comment