Sunday, June 28, 2015

Week 2 - Evaluating and Identifying Online Resources

Richard E. McClendon III
Week 2 Application
May 10, 2015

eLearningfeeds is an interactive blog website that serves as a comprehensive resource for individuals with career in the eLearning environment. The site share current events in the form of industry news, concepts related to instructional design, mobile and social learning; the site also has sections that focus on LMS, eLearning trends, events and jobs.  While I found the site to be resourceful, it was a bit overwhelming for a first time guest.  The amount of information presented on one page did not make a as an end user want to stay to navigate the information to get to the great information that was behind each link. Had I not been there for a course, I would have not stayed.

The Online Learning Insights blog was launched by  Debbie Morrison in 2012.  Her goal was to share her research and observations regarding learning and teaching in an online environment.   According to her site overview, the information shared is used by professionals from over 90 different countries. I think this will be a great source for me to post my initial blog post as this blogger has some very interesting articles.

This blog sites focuses on training, delivery and evaluation of the training.  I appreciated this site because while electronic delivery is critical I felt like the role of the instructor is really discussed within this blog.  You can have the best curriculum but if you instructor does not engage the learner to fully understand how they are approaching the learning and how the content should be delivered you will lse an opportunity to connect and me the objectives of the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment