Sunday, June 28, 2015

Week 5 - Mapping Your Learning Connections



The mind map that I created reflects my learning related to technology tools which I currently use to support my professional and educational responsibilities. In fact, this network has impacted the way I approach my work by being more creative and innovative by providing me additional resources and graphics.  As demonstrated by the blogs that I was able to subscribe to and has also allowed me to  reach reliable resources and information and not just limit me to the Walden Resources.  I have been afforded the opportunity to expand the network of professionals who share similar interest in my field of study which increases my ability to share and learn best practices.

Blogs and other learning resources that are provided through the learning portal has yielded the greatest return for me.  I think this is largely because the information is presented in a very organized fashion which is aligned with the syllabus and course schedule.  I can actually find the information seamlessly which prepares me to organize my thoughts around key information and I am expected to learn for the specific week. In addition, my I have several options for support whether it be ask the instruction or the student café  and of course I can use the blogs which is a major aspect of this particular course.  For example, I was struggling with understanding the blog assignment and it was because of some information that one of my peers shared that I was able to eventually figure it out.

One of the principal aspects of connectivism is the thought that for significant learning to occur a relationship must exist.  In my case, my network is full of resources that support my development it creates a space that motivates me to use the tools and resources that are made available to me. In fact, completing the assignments on related to learning theories I can immediately apply what I am learning in the course to my approach as a student and reflect on what I would do differently as an instructional designer.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment